The holiday season is creeping up and I am one for getting ahead and planning things in advance! I love meal prepping, but during the holidays it can be hard because our family is always busy and finding time to plan and make a meal is difficult. Therefore, I decided to make some delicious and easy slow cooker freezer meals ahead of time. That way when I don’t know what to make my family for dinner or don’t have time, I can simply pull one out of the freezer, let it thaw, put it in my slow cooker, and let it cook for a few hours until it is done!
For one of my meals, I decided to make creamy salsa verde chicken. I combined all of my ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer storage bag, put it in my freezer, and then pulled it out, let it thaw, and cooked it when we needed an easy meal!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Slow Cooker (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Gallon-Sized Plastic Freezer Storage Bags
- 4-oz. of Salsa Verde
- 8-oz. of Cream Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Mixing Spoon
- Permanent Marker
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (in the freezer section)
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Put all of your ingredients in freezer bag and label it, so that you know which meal it is.
- Take your prepped freezer meal out of the freezer and let it thaw in your fridge for about a day. If you are looking for a quicker solution, let the freezer meal thaw in warm water (make sure to keep the meal inside of your sealed storage bag) and then cook in a skillet until chicken is completely cooked.
- Place all of your ingredients in your slow cooker, turn on high, and cover.
- Let cook for 4 hours and stir every half hour You can also cook on low for 8 hours while you are at work, plus there is no need to stir on low..
- Turn off your slow cooker and serve while warm.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes for the holidays? Check out this 3-ingredient cream of mushroom chicken!