Father’s Day is a time to celebrate all the great dads out there! If you love giving classic gifts like neckties or socks, this idea is for you. I made my dad this uniquely packaged present using Dollar Tree socks, a vase, and some craft supplies. Who says dads can’t receive bouquets, too? He loves a good tube sock, so my bouquet is full of those, but you could also do this with different styles and cuts, dress socks, and even neckties. This homemade Father’s Day gift idea will surely knock his socks off!
Stock Up on Socks & Stuff:
Arrange Your Sock Bouquet:
- Fill your vase with sand and set it aside.
- Unpack a pair of socks and separate them.
- Place the toe of the sock at the tip of the skewer and wrap it around completely to mimic a rose.
- Once completely wrapped, layer the second sock on top and roll it tightly around. Then tuck the end of the sock into the bottom of the spiral, securing it in place on the skewer.
- Repeat these steps to create as many sock roses as you’re including. When they’re all complete, insert the skewers into the sand-filled vase and arrange to mimic a bouquet of roses.
- Once your bouquet is complete, finish the look by tying burlap, ribbon, or twine around the neck of the vase for a final decorative touch.
Want more super cool sock ideas? Check out these 6 Savvy Ways to Repurpose Socks on the blog!