Oatmeal is a popular breakfast food since it’s low in calories and very filling. However, the taste of the premixed varieties often lack bold flavors. Try something new this fall — create homemade oatmeal that can be prepared quickly and tastes every bit as good, without the extra sugar. Swing by your local Dollar Tree to pick up quick oats and a few other tasty ingredients for a hearty and wholesome breakfast that the entire family will gobble up!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need for Each Serving:
- ¾ Cup of Oats (Plus Milk/Water for Mixing)
- 3 Teaspoons of Pure Canned Pumpkin (Not Pie Filling)
- 1 Teaspoon of Maple-Flavored Pancake Syrup
- Big Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice (Or Small Dashes of Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, and Ginger)
- Dash of Salt
- Oatmeal Toppings: Nuts, Dried Cranberries, Cinnamon, Brown Sugar, Raisins, Etc.
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Prepare the oatmeal according to the package directions, adding milk, water, and other ingredients as necessary.
- Mix in the canned pumpkin, syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Top the oatmeal with your preferred toppings and enjoy a quick, hearty, and wholesome start to the day!
Looking for more pumpkin spice recipes? Try out these pumpkin spice no bake protein balls!