Bite-sized tasty treats are a must at a Halloween Bash or Fall Festival! Whip up this traditional Deviled Egg recipe, but add a simple twist to make it perfectly geared towards the season. With the addition of a few drops of food coloring and some fresh herbs, you can transform them into small egg-sized pumpkins. These are a great protein-filled addition to all the sweet and sugary treats that come with Halloween. Easy to eat on the go, keep this healthy snack on hand for your kids before they head out trick-or-treating!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 12 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Drops of Red Food Coloring
- Fresh Chives
- Dried Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Slice each boiled egg in half, and carefully remove the yellow yolk. Reserve all yolks aside in a small mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to mash and mix together the yolks, mustard, food coloring, and salt and pepper.
- Use a small spoon to carefully place a tablespoon amount of yolk mixture back into the egg white halves. Sprinkle paprika on top of your deviled eggs.
- Use scissors to cut small ¼”pieces of chives. Place one chive on each deviled egg, as the stem to an orange pumpkin!
- Serve chilled on a platter.