Looking for ways to get the kids involved in the kitchen? This inexpensive recipe is easy enough that the whole family can lend a hand. The simple technique of making a spider web is fun for kids of all ages… maybe even more fun than eating the cupcakes!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Box of Cake Mix (Plus Ingredients Listed on the Cake Box)
- Baking Cups
- 12-oz. Canister of Vanilla Frosting
- 12-oz. Canister of Chocolate Frosting
- Plastic Sandwich Bags
- Plastic Spiders
- Prepare cake mix, pour into baking cups, and bake according to package instructions.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost each one with the chocolate frosting.
- Spoon the vanilla frosting into a plastic bag and snip one corner of the bag with scissors to create a piping bag.
- Holding the plastic bag with two hands, pipe an outer circle and an inner circle onto the top of the cupcakes.
- Beginning at the center of the cupcake, drag a toothpick across the vanilla frosting outward towards the edge. Repeat this process across the cupcake surface until the frosting looks like a web.