My family and I are always looking to celebrate Halloween with something spooky and sweet! So, this year, I decided try put a sweet twist on my chocolate bark. I started by melting white chocolate and combining it with a few drops of green food coloring to create a slime-like color to look as though it were a witches’ brew. I spread a layer of the “slime” on wax paper, and decorated it with gummy worms, candies, sprinkles, and other festive treats. Once it hardened and set, I broke it apart to make witches’ brew candy bark. This fun treat is perfect to serve on a tray or it can even be bagged individually to pass out to your trick-or-treaters!
- White Chocolate
- Green Food Coloring
- Candy Corn
- Gummy Worms
- Any Additional Candy You Would Like!
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Microwave-Safe Bowls
- Mixing Spoons
- Optional: Knife
Time To Get Brewin’!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments. Stir the chocolate in between each heat, until smooth and melted.
- Once your chocolate is melted, mix in a few drops of green food coloring.
- Pour and smooth the chocolate on your lined cookie sheet, about 1/3 inch thick.
- While still melted, press your gummy worms, sprinkles, and candies into the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours, until hardened and set.
- Use your hands or a knife to break/cut apart the bark into pieces. Serve on a tray, or package individually for treat bags!
Looking for more sweet treats to brew up this Halloween? Try making these delicious chocolate-covered marshmallow pops!