It’s almost time for back to school! Want to get your favorite teacher or student excited about kicking off a new school year? Stock up on a variety of $1 school supplies… markers, glue, crayons, pencils, pens, notebooks, and more for just a buck. Then arrange them all to whip up a two or three-tiered school supply cake. Use floral foam blocks and hot glue to hold everything together, then decorate it with ribbon and embellishments… no baking required! Present this show-stopping gift to help your loved one gear up for an exciting school year full of learning.
Back-to-School Supply Cake Ingredients:
- 6-9 Square or Rectangular Floral Foam Blocks
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks or Glue Bottles
- Hand Sanitizer
- Apple (Faux or Real!)
- And More!
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
Remember, there’s no one way to create this school supply cake so get creative with your supplies and design!
- Stack the foam blocks together in a pyramid shape to form the base of your cake. Glue the blocks together and allow to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Arrange your school supplies around the foam blocks, starting from the bottom and working your way to the top. Attach the supplies to the foam with glue as you go.
- Once you have the supplies in the arrangement you like, wrap a decorative ribbon around each tier and tie in a bow.
Want more fun ideas? Don’t forget to check out our back-to-school look book!