November 16, 2018 | DIY & Crafts | Written by The Dollarista
Sweet treats and candy confections are something I always look forward to during the holidays. One of my favorite nostalgic treats is red and white and tastes like peppermint… it’s the infamous candy cane! Equally delicious and elegant, this Christmas candy is one to enjoy and decorate with as well. I created a symmetrical wreath design by gluing together Dollar Tree’s plastic candy cane ornaments. Adding additional Christmas décor, monogram letters, or winter foliage adds a personal touch to your custom wreath as well. Sweet, simple, and minimalistic, this wreath will transform your front door or can be the perfect festive accent piece for your wall.
Stock Up on Supplies:
- 20-22 Plastic Candy Cane Ornaments
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Christmas Décor/Foliage
Sweet and Simple Directions:
- Create a heart shape with two candy canes. Add a dot of hot glue where the candy canes meet and hold in place until set. Repeat this step until you have enough “hearts” to make a wreath circle.
- Hot glue your heart shapes to one another, forming a circular wreath form of candy cane hearts.
- Once the full circle is complete, add additional décor or Christmas foliage to the center of your wreath using hot glue.
- Hang from your front door or use as wall décor in your home!
Are you going for a candy cane theme this year? Then, check out this additional DIY Christmas Candy Cane Wreath!