It has happened to all of us — your good friend or relative calls and wants to stop by in 10 minutes! You need a quick and cute snack to nosh on with some iced tea, most likely on the front porch, catching up with that old friend passing through. With a couple items on hand from Dollar Tree, you can seem like the perfect domestic diva with these adorable summer flip-flop cookies!
Simple and Sweet Ingredients:
- Oval Shaped Cookies (We used Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, but you can make your own or choose another oval-shaped cookie)
- Vanilla Frosting
- Food Coloring
- Licorice Laces or Other Candy Straws (We used Sour Straws in the example)
And With a Flip You’re Done!
- Divide frosting into cups and color each one to your desired colors using the food coloring.
- Spread frosting on cookies.
- Cut candy into short strips to form the straps for each flip-flop.
- Kick your feet up and relax, because you’re done!
Fun Tip: These cookies would also be great for a summer potluck or outdoor birthday party!
Looking for another sweet and easy dessert to make on the fly? In just minutes you can put together these no-bake cake pops!