I can’t be the only one who still loves to tie-dye, right? It’s such a timeless and fun activity for those of us who LOVE all things colorful and bright! Now that spring is here, it’s the perfect time to get outside and tie-dye in the yard. And if you love the look, but can’t stand the mess, I have another super simple Dollar Tree hack to share. All you need are a few colorful markers and a spray bottle filled with isopropyl alcohol. I made tie-dyed pillowcases, but you can do this with t-shirts, socks, totes, and so much more. Plus, you can keep the color combo simple, or go totally crazy for color… let your hues match your mood!
Stock Up at Dollar Tree:
- Pillowcase, T-shirt, or Whatever You Want to Tie-Dye!
- Plastic Spray Bottle
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Colorful Markers
- Plastic Table Cover
How to Tie-Dye To Your Heart’s Desire:
- Lay out a plastic table cover in your backyard on a gorgeous spring day!
- Place your pillowcase or piece of clothing flat on top of the table cover.
- Use your markers to color a bold design or pattern directly onto the pillowcase, covering most of the entire surface.
- Once your design is complete, carefully pour the isopropyl alcohol into the spray bottle.
- Spray the pillowcase from top to bottom, saturating the surface completely. Watch as your colors start to blend into one another for that groovy tie-dye look!
- Let your tie-dyed masterpiece dry completely for at least 24 hours outside.
- Once dry, you may want to rinse it under warm water until the water runs clear to remove any excess coloring. Then toss it in the dryer or let it air dry again.
Aren’t these pillowcases to dye for?! I hope you enjoy this handy hack, fellow tie-dye lovers! And be sure to check out more Tips & Hacks on the blog.