Are you looking for a unique and whimsical theme for an upcoming baby shower, bridal shower, or birthday party? Go up, up, and away with a colorful hot air balloon theme… complete with this DIY centerpiece idea! Make one for every table at your party, creating a fairytale-like atmosphere.
Simply fill glass jars with colorful gems or wrapped candies to match your party décor. Insert wooden skewers into your jars and attach them to paper lanterns. Choose paper lanterns and embellishments that match your decoration scheme. Guests can take home these sweet creations to display in a nursery or child’s room. There are lots of different ways to create this craft, so be sure to share your ideas with us on Facebook or Instagram!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Glass Jar
- Rocks, Gems, or Wrapped Candies
- Wooden Skewers
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Paper Lanterns
- LED Tealight Candles
- Ribbon or String
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Fill a glass jar full of rocks, gems, candies, or filler of your choice to match your theme.
- Insert 3-4 wooden skewers into the filler to help anchor them in place.
- Use hot glue to secure the skewers to the bottom of the paper lantern as shown. Hold them in place for one minute each or until the glue has set.
- Wrap the rim of the jar in ribbon or string, and tie a bow.
- Decorate the paper lantern with any additional string, ribbon, or embellishments as desired to best match your décor.
- Insert an LED tealight candle inside of the jar on top of the filler. Turn the candle on when you’re ready to party!