As a new mom, I’ve just discovered what all parents already know… there is officially not enough time in the day anymore! The minute I entered motherhood, life became wonderful… but also chaotic and BUSY. Gone are the days when I could check off my entire to-do list, get plenty of sleep, or even take a long shower, let alone cook a homemade meal. Between taking care of a tiny human, working, cleaning, and everything in between, who has time for cooking or baking from scratch?
Well, I have good news, fellow moms and dads. I’m letting you in on a little secret to not getting stuck in the kitchen… Dollar Tree’s frozen and refrigerated food section! Did you know that over 5,000 Dollar Tree Stores carry an awesome variety of delicious munchies, desserts, drinks, and appetizers? And, of course, everything is just $1 each which helps me and my family save some extra cash for other essentials… like diapers and wipes, oh joy!
So, here’s what I do. Before planning weekly family meals, a holiday, birthday party, or get-together with friends, I make a quick run by my local Dollar Tree store instead of the grocery store. I stock up on my family’s favorite food, snacks, and drinks, depending on the occasion. Here are a few things that I like to keep on my shopping list for obvious reasons:
- Breakfast scrambles so we’re not scrambling (or hangry) in the mornings
- Mashed potatoes for a quick, pretend-it’s-homemade side dish for weeknight dinners (or, let’s face it, the whole meal if I’m just too tired!)
- Orange and apple juices, perfect for packed lunches for the kids and cocktails for us parents – mimosas, anyone?
- Personal pizzas for everyone at your game day gathering… talk about scoring a touchdown and cool mom points!
- Ice cream bars for a kid-approved dessert that’s totally worth cleaning up sticky fingers.
- Individual pies that I display on a pretty platter, throw away the boxes/evidence, and take credit for making (lol)
Maybe you never knew Dollar Tree had a freezer or refrigerated section, or maybe you just never thought to shop there. No matter your reason, check out this video for a cool inside look at all the $1 deliciousness you may be missing out on. Compare prices like I did and I’m sure you’ll be impressed by all the affordable options and awesome brands available for just a buck each.