Put your heart on display this Valentine’s Day! Craft a lovable deco mesh heart wreath using $1 supplies from Dollar Tree. Start with our 12” Heart-Shaped Metal Wreath Form and watch it transform as you add deco mesh rolls and various pink, red, and white embellishments — perfect for hanging on your front door or above your mantel. Your guests are sure to fall in love with this one!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 12” Heart-Shaped Metal Wreath Form
- 45-ct. Pack of Chenille Stems
- Six 5-yd. Rolls of Deco Mesh Ribbon (2 Rolls Each of Red, White, and Pink)
- Two Packs of Assorted Foam Valentine Heart Pics
- Two 4-pk. Heart Bead Necklaces (Not Sold in VT)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Unwind three of the deco mesh rolls and rewind them with red, white and pink (in that order) rolled up together.
- Secure the ends of that merged roll to the wreath form using a chenille stem.
- Push a 4” loop of the deco mesh between the first and second rings of the wreath form.
- Holding that loop in your hand, push the next 4” loop of mesh in-between the second and third rings of the wreath form.
- Holding both loops with your hands, push a third 4” loop of mesh between the first and second ring of the wreath form.
- As you’re working, squish the mesh loops over to the side as much as possible, and repeat steps 3-5 around half of the wreath form.
- Repeat steps 1-6 around the other half.
- Gently pull the mesh loops apart to separate the colors, add volume, and create individual “loops.” Be careful not to pull the loops out of the frame! But, if you do, just tuck them back in and keep on going.
- Hot glue foam hearts to the wreath.
- Wrap necklaces around the finished wreath, alternating red and pink.
- Hang and spread the love!
Looking for more fun and festive Valentine’s Day ideas? Fall head over heels for our latest and greatest Valentine’s Day ideas.