Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! The best gifts are ones that are made from the heart, so take the time to create a priceless present like these Valentine’s Day Fortune Cookies. Make them with your kids or craft these up for your sweetie. Simply seal sweet messages inside of folded paper shaped to look like fortune cookies… no takeout required!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Trace a 4-5″ circle onto your construction paper using the bottom of a paper or plastic cup and a pen or pencil.
- Use scissors to cut out the traced circle to create your cookie. Use a marker to decorate the circle if desired.
- Cut construction paper into a small 3x⅓” strip to create your fortune.
- Use a marker to write a fortune, quote, wish, or love note on the strip.
- Loosely fold the circle in half and slide your fortune in between as shown.
- Add a dot of glue to hold the bottom of the half circle together.
- Once that glue dries, add a second dot of glue to the middle of the half circle and pinch together securing the two corners. Hold until the glue dries.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for as many Valentine’s Day Fortune Cookies as you’d like. Place them in a decorative box or bowl and give to your special someone!
Want more clever and affordable DIY gift ideas using Dollar Tree supplies? Check out the Gifting section!