My class is getting so excited for some Valentine’s Day fun! This week, we’re creating “mailboxes” for all those special Valentines they’ll be handing out on February 14. These cute Valentine’s Day mailboxes are easy to create and I know your students will love them, too. Made with plain brown paper lunch sacks and colorful cut-out and folded paper hearts, you’ll love creating these with your class year after year.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags
- Construction Paper
- Kids’ Safety Scissors
- Crayons, Markers, or Colored Pencils
- Tape or Glue
- Paper Doilies (Optional)
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Give each child a plain brown paper lunch bag, a pair of scissors, crayons, markers, or colored pencils, several sheets of construction paper, paper doilies (optional), and white glue or tape.
- Now, let their imaginations run wild! Using safety scissors, students can cut out hearts or other fun shapes from the construction paper. They can layer hearts on top of one another and use the doilies as pretty accents, attaching them to the bag with glue or tape.
- Have each student label their mailbox with their name and decorate it with drawings or fun messages.
- Place the mailboxes at each desk on Valentine’s Day or designate a table in the room to display them.
Don’t forget to make one for yourself because you’re sure to receive some Valentines, too! Shop this Valentine’s Day “Mailbox” Craft idea at DollarTree.com and enjoy celebrating this lovely holiday with your students.