Looking for a fun way to keep festive décor on your door after the holidays? With just a little time and a few dollars, you can create this beautiful winter wreath to hang all season long. It’s also a fun craft the whole family can help to make. Plus, you can build this wreath for less than $10 by shopping at Dollar Tree!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Round 9″ or 12″ Wreath
- 2 Deco Mesh Rolls (White)
- 1 Deco Mesh Roll (Silver)
- 2 Packs of Chenille Stems
- 1 Battery-Operated LED Light Set (Takes 2 “AA” Batteries)
- 2 Floral Bushes (Glitter Coral or Glitter Berries)
- 1 Pack of Silver Ornaments (Optional)
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Thread chenille stems through the wreath at 12 points around the edges, leaving 5″ ends of stems on outside of wreath.
- Thread LED lights through the top edge of the wreath, with some lights inside and some outside the edge of the wreath. Secure battery holder using a chenille stem.
- Cut deco mesh into 6″ squares (allowing them to naturally roll up into rolls).
- Take one silver and two white mesh squares, roll the three individual rolls, then pinch and twist the three rolls in the center.
- Using chenille stems, attach each set of three deco mesh rolls to the wreath by twisting stems around the pinched middles, securing them tightly. Continue around the wreath. Use any extra white or silver rolls to fill in gaps.
- Cut individual stems off of floral bushes and attach throughout the wreath as desired.
- Optional: Secure five to six ornaments to the wreath using chenille stems. This is a great way to display your ornaments long after Christmas!