Hi, crafters… Dollarista here to “plant” another cool craft idea in your head! Are you looking for a new decoration for your home or porch? Create your own plant stand using three household products you can get from Dollar Tree for just a buck each: wire baskets and a metal pizza pan! You’re probably thinking, “Say what?!” but yep, you read that right. I promise I’m not crazy and this clever craft is totally worth doing. Follow my easy steps below to create a plant stand of your own and top it off with your favorite potted plant, vase of flowers, or any other decoration you want. How great would this look in your living room or on your patio?
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Metal Pizza Pan
- Two Wire Baskets
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Spray Paint (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- A Plant!
How to Make it:
- If you chose wire baskets with handles, unhook and remove the handles.
- Place one of the baskets on a flat surface and apply a seam of glue along the rim opening.
- Press the second basket opening upside down onto the glued rim and hold in place until they’re secured together.
- Add more hot glue on top of the basket bottom and carefully press the pizza pan on top so that it’s centered on top of the upside down basket.
- Hold in place and let that glue set for a few minutes.
- Take everything outside and spray paint the entire thing from top to bottom in whatever color you want. I chose this pretty green color!
- Once your spray paint dries completely, top the pizza pan with a potted plant and any other decorations you want. Then set it in the corner of your living room or on your porch or patio.
Don’t forget to check out these DIY Mini Succulent Planters & Terrariums, too!