Dollar Tree is my favorite place to shop for all things creepy and frightening! I love using different elements of Halloween décor and costumes to create uniquely spooky wreaths. This year, skip the traditional round wreath form and choose from a variety of witch hats to use as your wreath base. Fill your hat with bright fall-colored florals, or keep it dark and spooky with black and purple décor. Add a strand of purple or white battery-operated LED lights for a ghoulish glowing effect, the perfect touch to light up your front door for trick-or-treaters. Attach a sparkly ribbon to the brim of your hat to hang it on display. You can even add a bit of mischief to your classroom or office with your wreath, getting your students and coworkers into the Halloween spirit!
Gather Your Spooky Supplies:
- Witch Hat
- Faux Pumpkins
- Faux Spiders
- Faux Flowers
- LED String Lights
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Any Desired Halloween Décor!
Create Your Wicked Wreath:
- Use scissors to trim faux flowers, berries, stems, and pumpkins. Then, hot glue them to the inside of the witch hat.
- Use hot glue to apply additional spiders, boas, or other Halloween décor to your hat. *Optional: string battery-operated LED lights through your faux flowers, hiding the battery pack on the inside of the hat.
- Use hot glue to apply an 8-10 inch ribbon loop for hanging.
- Hang your wreath from a hook on your front door. This festively filled witch hat wreath will bring all the spooky vibes to your front porch!
Want to create more bewitching wreaths on a budget? Check out our Skull Wreath and Skeleton Hand Wreath!