Create this adorable and affordable Halloween party favor or trick-or-treat handout! This easy-to-make craft is perfect for kids of all ages. Shop Dollar Tree for brown paper lunch bags and your choice of tasty treats to hide inside. Hand out the cutest favors at your next Halloween party or be the house that gives the coolest treats in the neighborhood!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags
- Rubber Bands
- Ribbon, String, or Yarn
- Sticks (from your yard)
Easy Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Create the broom’s bristles by cutting one of the paper bags in ½” strips from the very top where the bag opens to the very bottom, stopping where the bag sits flat on the table.
- Lay the cut paper bag flat on the table. Place the uncut paper bag on top of the cut paper bag, so that the bottoms are sitting on top of one another.
- Fill the uncut paper bag about ¼ full with the candy and treats of your choice.
- Place the stick in the middle of the uncut paper bag. You may want to wrap the end of the stick in cellophane wrap to keep it from touching unwrapped candy.
- Bring the loose strips of the cut paper bag up and around the sides of the uncut paper bag. Hold both bags tightly against the stick about halfway up the bag, and secure with a rubber band.
- Tie a piece of string, yarn, or ribbon tightly around the paper.
A Fun Idea: Use bags as favors/place cards at your next Halloween or Thanksgiving party. Simply print your guests names on cardstock, cut out, and
attach to the fronts of the bags!
Visit DollarTree.com to check out our Witch’s Broom Treat Bag idea.